Thursday, September 22, 2011

muerte es solamente el principio

I often wonder about death.


As one who has dealt with suicidal ideation in the past, the question of what might lie beyond has occurred to me with frequency. 


It's a bold-faced understatement to say that there are many theories about this out there.


Some interesting ones, at least to me, are as follows:


1) Pearly gates, St Peter, list of naughty no-nos, and a chill, Club Med-esque paradise built into clouds.
     ~This is a personal fave, honestly, though I doubt if Heaven is a summer in Majorca. 


2) World Consciousness, bouts of reincarnation, suffering through being a bug or amoeba if you're bad.
    ~This is another afterlife I'm partial to. Reincarnation seems fun, though maybe if the whole karma thing was a non-factor in how we end up after each life. 'Cause, you know, I'm sooo going to end up as an amoeba. 


3) Underworld, VIP section for good people, VIP section for assholes, lots of nasty creatures, and all ruled by two douches in a bad marriage.
    ~Meh. It sounds like the New York society version of the afterlife, only without Bergdorf's or Tiffany's.


4) Nothing. Dirt nap.
     ~Least favorite. Though, silver-lining, I'd catch up on all my sleep from college...


Sorry of this comes off as depressing, but to be fair, you run a blog and watch 'Dead Like Me' simultaneously and see what you write about...

No comments:

Post a Comment